It's so hard to say goodbye...to my giant roll of Pillsbury peanut butter cookie dough. But this day had to come because even processed dough has a shelf life. I was very pleased with how my PB S'mores Cookies turned out, and the classic Peanut Butter Blossoms failed to disappoint.
I knew I wanted to experiment with sandwich cookies for my final recipe and just slathering some grape or strawberry jelly in between two cookies was too lazy even for me. Some sort of sugar fruit pairing seemed appropriate, but I also wanted to test the potential compatibility of peanuts with coconut, which are infrequent bedfellows in the Western baking world. (South Asian savory fare: an entirely different story.)
And Jimmies, because, why not?
1/3 roll Pillsbury™ refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough
1/2 cup sprinkles
3/4 cup shredded coconut
3/4 cup (or so) cherry pie fillings
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Using a spatula, combine dough with sprinkles and shredded coconut.
3. Shape dough into an even number of balls.
4. On ungreased cookie sheets lined with parchment paper, place balls 2 inches apart.
5. Bake 9-13 minutes until golden brown. COOL COMPLETELY.
6. Top underside of one cookie with approximately 1 Tablespoon of cherry pie filling. Top with another cookie to form sandwich.*
*If you can't handle this instruction, you probably should not be allowed to use an oven.