5. Lightly flour a clean work surface and turn the dough out onto the surface. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out to an even ¼-inch-thick sheet.
6. With a round cookie cutter or the rim of a glass, punch circles in the dough.
7. Fill center of each dough circle with approximately 1 tablespoon of strawberry preserves.
8. Fold in the dough from three sides and press the edges together to seal, leaving a small opening over the filling. When all of the cookies are shaped, place them 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
9. Bake cookies until lightly brown on bottom (about 20 minutes).
10. Enjoy with a tall glass of milk.