I don't know how this happened.
How in the hell did I accumulate so many Hershey's Kisses? Someone else must have bought them.
Guess I'm going to have to go on Kiss Baking Blitz. I already made this Kiss Kake:
So, I decided to move on to cookies. I love a good ol' Kiss thumbprint, but I wanted to try something more unusual: Chocolate Kiss "Wontons." (Quotes because I used puff pastry.)
Btw, by "unusual," I don't mean "exotic" in that 19th-century racist Occidental/Oriental sense. I mean "unusual" FOR ME. Stop rolling over in your grave, Edward Said.
1 box frozen puff pastry
As many Hershey Kisses as you have
1. Defrost puff pastry temperature.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. On a floured surface, roll out puff pastry using a rolling pin (also floured). Thin the puff pastry dough to half its original thickness.
4. Use a star-shaped cookie cutter to create your "wonton."
5. Place Hershey Kiss in center. Pinch together five points of star.
6. Bake for 8 minutes (or 2 minutes more if you want very crisp wontons).